Accepting Applications Now
Maine’s only therapeutic Thai bodywork and education practice is seeking an apprentice to work on a floor mat in the clinic addressing the therapeutic needs of a variety of established and new clients. This is an exceptional growth opportunity for the right person to receive personal guidance in developing a thriving therapeutic practice grounded in the traditional medical system of Thailand.
Apprentices will have space to offer 6-10 treatments (both supervised and unsupervised) over 1.5 to 2.5/days a week most weeks. Scheduling flexibility is desired.
- Competently perform a 1.5 and 2-hour full-body massage
- Offer treatment-specific Thai bodywork
- Follow studio open/close, communication and scheduling protocols
- Use of basic scheduling software and other online tools
- Clear and effective communications with clients and staff
- Independent contractor status
Skills required or to acquire:
- Ability to effectively perform Thai cupping and scraping therapies
- Use of Thai herbal therapies and compresses in practice
- Capable of spot-specific treatment of a variety of conditions and clients
- Able to communicate effectively about treatment and self-care
- Effective client assessment techniques
- Basic understanding and tools in practice marketing and administration
- Confidence in practice
Education and Experience:
- Maine LMT or in process
- Completion of/enrollment in Thai Bodywork mentorship program level 1 or equivalent training
- Previous experience working in a professional clinic environment
Benefits and Pay:
- Pay will commensurate and increase with experience
- Discounts on classes/training, treatments and herbal supplies
- Flexible schedule
- Marketing support and a fully supplied and maintained treatment space
Please send a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references to Jessica Dafni with “Application for Apprenticeship” in the subject line. The cover letter should describe relevant skills, experience, training and interest in the position.
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. This position is open until filled.