Accepting Applications Now
Maine’s only therapeutic Thai bodywork clinic is adding to our skilled team to better serve our community. We have an exceptional growth opportunity for the right person looking to be part of expanding a thriving therapeutic practice grounded in the traditional medical system of Thailand.
Our immediate need is for someone to offer 6-10 treatments on a floor mat over 2 to 4 days per week, most weeks. Some weekends are required and scheduling flexibility is desired.
- Competently perform a 1.5 and 2-hour full-body Thai bodywork session
- Follow studio open/close, communication and scheduling protocols
- Use of basic scheduling software and other online tools (familiarity with FullSlate, Square and Google Apps preferred)
- Clear and effective communications with clients and staff
- Independent contractor status
Skills desired or to acquire:
- Ability to effectively perform Thai cupping and scraping therapies
- Use of Thai herbal therapies and compresses in practice
- Capable of treatment-specific Thai bodywork for of a variety of conditions and clients
- Able to communicate effectively about treatment and self-care
- Effective client assessment techniques
- Basic understanding and tools in practice marketing and administration
- Confidence in practice
Ongoing training and mentorship is available as needed.
- Clinic management
- Business development for Iron Bird Herbals
Education and Experience:
- Maine LMT or in process
- Previous experience working in a professional clinic environment
Benefits and Pay:
- Pay will commensurate and increase with skill level
- Discounts on classes/training, treatments and herbal supplies
- Flexible schedule
- Marketing support and a fully supplied and maintained treatment space
- Access to the Thai Bodywork mentorship program
Please email a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references in PDF format to Rob Morrison with “Thai Bodywork Therapist Application” in the subject line. The cover letter should describe relevant skills, experience, training and interest in the position.
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. This position is open until filled.